SNAP-TITE S6C and 3C check valves have a variety of options enabling them to meet the needs of most systems. The soft seated poppet creates a leak free seal to protect hydraulic systems from reverse flow.
S6C check valves are stainless steel with a rated pressure of 6000 psi (sizes 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 3/4” & 1”). 3C check valves are steel with a rated pressure of 3000 psi (sizes1-1/4”, 1-1/2” & 2”).
These in-line unidirectional valves are available in sizes 1/4” to 2”. Standard spring crack pressures are shown in the part number table. Other crack pressures available upon request.
Snap-Tite S6C and 3C Series Check Valves (up to 6,000 psi) are soft seat, zero leakage poppet check valves with a two piece construction. The two piece construction allows for a variety of end fitting combinations.
Snap-Tite check valves have various standard crack pressures and flow rates up to 175 gpm. The S6C & 3C Series valves are available in a range of sizes and steel or stainless steel materials for flow capacities up to 175 gpm.
Snap-Tite Check valves are important components that are often overlooked when building a fluid system. A check valve can optimize system performance in the following ways:
- Ensure hydraulic fluid flows in only one direction
- Eliminate potential damage from back pressure
- Isolate sections of a system or system components
Basic check valve construction consists of a valve body with an inlet and an outlet port. Inside, a moveable poppet valve is controlled by spring pressure. In most cases the valve is normally closed, opening when the fluid pressure is greater than the spring force (crack pressure), thus allowing the fluid to flow in only one direction. When reverse flow attempts to enter though the outlet the poppet closes and flow through the valve is stopped.
Soft seat check valves have an O-ring or similar elastomeric seal between the poppet and body for improved leak resistance. The soft seat design is most compatible with ""clean” systems and is not indented for use in systems that have high surge flow. The seal material dictates the temperature range of the valve.
Snap-Tite Technical Characteristics:
- Sizes: 1/4”to 2”
- Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass
- Seal Material: Fluorocarbon
- Standard Crack Pressures (psi): 5, 15, 25, 65
- Inlet Port Ends: Male NPT, Male 37 degree flare, Male Face Seal, Female NPTF, Female SAE, Female British Parallel BS 2779
- Outlet Port Ends: Male NPT, Female NPTF, Female SAE, Male SAE 37 degree Flare, Male Face Seal, Female British Parallel BS 2779
- Optional crack pressures available
- Orificed valve option
- Custom shapes and configurations
Note: Some options may not be standard configurations. Please contact the Quick Coupling Division for availability and delivery.
- Allows the fluid to flow in only one direction, protecting the system from fluid back pressure
- Soft seated valve creates a leak free seal
- Fluorocarbon seal is standard
- Optional crack pressures are available on request
- Optional orificed valve allows metered flow when the valve is closed. Orifice bore size is determined by application requirements.
- Custom shapes and configurations can integrate special features to reduce the number of components and potential leak points in a system